Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About the Technology & Resource Center
The TRC serves as the academic hub of the campus and is the launching pad for several innovative learning initiatives that are currently utilized by our Celts. Modeled after current university libraries, the TRC provides students with a collegial experience while at Crespi. The TRC offers greater opportunities for students to play, explore, and experiment in an innovative space. The TRC opens up opportunities for the messiness and uncertainty that intellectual growth requires as well as opportunities for collaboration, and learning that enables transfer of knowledge.
- Creative furniture suited for boys
- Resource Study that can be configured in multiple ways for 35 students
- Lounge space for close reading or research
- 4 Breakout Rooms equipped with 42” monitors, collaboration equipment, video conference capabilities, and whiteboard walls
- The Center for Innovation led by a Coordinator that will assist faculty with the integration of technology in their curriculum
- Flexible workspace for collaborative or independent learning
- An enhanced technology infrastructure and wireless platform
- New stacks, shelving, and circulation desk
- Please be respectful & responsible.
- No food or drinks without caps or lids are to be consumed/allowed in the TRC. Food in the TRC is an automatic write-up.
- Noise level in the TRC should be kept at a reasonable volume so as not to disturb other students in the TRC.
- Please do not run, push, shove, or hit fellow students while in the TRC.
- Language needs to be G-rated.
- The Resource Studio and Nook are designated quiet spaces during lunch & X period.
- TRC Team Studios are to be used for academic purposes only and must be reserved in advance. Rules & Guidelines #1-5 apply.
- Loan/Check Out Periods:
- Books [Fiction, Non-Fiction, Comics, & Graphic Novels]: 3 weeks
- Reference Books & Magazines: Do not circulate.
- Renewals: Renewals are available for books, comics, and graphic novels only. Items can be renewed up to 3x provided there are no requests or existing holds on the items.
- Item Holds & Requests: Students and staff can place holds on all regular library materials. Requests/reservations can be made through Follett Destiny or directly through the TRC Manager.
- Fines & Fees: There are no fines for overdue books. If books or magazines are lost or damaged, students must pay to replace them. The replacement fine is equal to the list price of the item plus cataloging and processing*. Students will also receive detention for damaging library materials beyond repair. Payment of TRC fines and fees and/or returning items checked out are necessary to clear school records. No student may take his final exams until his library record is cleared. Seniors will not receive their diplomas until their library records are cleared. Prior to Fall & Spring Semester Finals notices will be sent out to students and their parents/guardians via email informing them of any overdue, lost, or damaged materials on their accounts.
- *Cataloging & Processing Fees:
- Hardcover & FollettBound Glued: $0.80
- Paperback: $3.29
- TRC MacBook Air Policy/ Update to Acceptable Use Policy & Laptop Agreement:
- Loaners are available if the student’s laptop is being held for repair. Student must provide proof from the Apple Store. A loaner will be provided to the student from the Technology Resource Center by the TRC Manager. Loaners will not be provided for laptops that were forgotten, lost, damaged, or out of battery. Students are expected to arrive at class with a laptop that is sufficiently charged. Students can use their own chargers in the TRC or ask the TRC Manager to charge their laptops in the laptop cabinet. The TRC does not check out laptop chargers to students.
The 4 breakout rooms can be used throughout the day by students and faculty. Rooms are reserved through the TRC LibCal. To reserve a room, click on the Calendar & Room Reservations tab at the top of the page. Rooms can also be reserved directly through the TRC Manager.
Note: Food and drink (other than bottled water) are not allowed
Computers in the TRC are integral for the academic and educational needs of students who are allowed to use them for word processing, communication, and research. Downloading additional software, changing computer settings, or entering unauthorized discussion boards is not allowed.
TRC MacBook Air Policy Note: Due to the successful launch of the 1:1 MacBook Air Learning Initiative, a new policy for checking out MacBook Airs from the TRC has been implemented. Moving forward, unless students' laptops are being repaired at the Apple Store and they provide proof/confirmation of the repair they will not be allowed to check out a TRC MacBook Air. This policy has been put into place in an effort to encourage students to bring their MacBook Airs to school. In addition to this new checkout policy, please note that the TRC does not checkout laptop chargers to students but will charge students' laptops for them in the TRC.
IT Support for Students: ITHelp@crespi.org
Find a Book
Search our catalog by clicking on the Follett Destiny icon below.
Search A-Z Database List
Find the best library databases for your research.
CNN 10 [formerly CNN Student News] utilizes CNN's worldwide resources to bring each day's top news stories to middle and high school classrooms.
FactCheck.org: In the News Today
Take a look inside the TRC
Use EBSCO Discovery to find books, articles and much more!
Featured Research Resource
DT+ provides over 3 million students around the world with access to productions and English & Drama resources. Through our Digital Theatre+ subscription you have access to the following: 450+ classic, contemporary and international productions, with many exclusive to DT+, 280+ in-depth interviews exploring the creative, technical theatre-making processes, as well as experimental, post-dramatic and applied theatre, and 220+ essays, documentaries, study guides and lectures, covering theatre history, theory, and practical techniques.
Poetry & Short Story Reference Center
Poetry & Short Story Reference Center contains the following content:
•Full-text short stories
•Full-text dramatic works
•Audio recordings, including podcasts from The Poetry Magazine
•High-quality videos from MacNeil/Lehrer Productions and Academy of American Poets
•Explications of both classic and contemporary poems
•E-books focused on poetry, drama and short stories
Check Out These Books in the TRC!
The Impossible Knife of Memory by
Call Number: FIC AND
Publication Date: 2014-01-07
The Hate U Give by
Call Number: FIC THO
Publication Date: 2018-09-04
The Shallows by
Call Number: 612.8 CAR
Publication Date: 2010-06-07
Enrique's Journey by
Call Number: 305.23 NAZ
Publication Date: 2014-08-05
When the Game Stands Tall by
Call Number: 796.332 HAY
Publication Date: 2003-10-30
The Plague by
Call Number: FIC CAM
Publication Date: 1948-06-15
EBSCO eBooks: Featured Titles by Subject
The TRC Manager Recommends:
Publication Date: 2017-07-25
On the Come Up by
Publication Date: 2019-02-05
All the Light We Cannot See by
Publication Date: 2014-05-06
Just Mercy by
Publication Date: 2019-12-03
Know My Name by
Publication Date: 2019-09-24
In the Garden of Beasts by
Publication Date: 2011-05-10
The Serpent King by
Publication Date: 2017-06-06
Rising Water by
Publication Date: 2020-04-21
Publication Date: 2018-10-23